Monday, April 16, 2007

My 7 x 61 Sharpe and Hart

Well, here it is. I don't know a whole lot about it except that it is a custom built rifle with a Mauser action, three round box magazine, and a 20 inch barrel. I bought it from the original owner who had it made about 50 years ago. I forget what he said he paid for it.

So far, I have only run about 40 rounds through the rifle. It was a cold windy day, but I still managed to shoot a couple of groups with bullet holes touching (truth be told, I also managed to shoot a couple of groups bigger than my hand at 100 yards, but I prefer to blame those on my cold fingers).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Started reloading this cartridge for my father who had a rifle built for it in the 1970s and then through varied circumstances did not get a chance to fire it. We are just waiting on some good weather tp see what the Chronograph says as we build up loads. Thanks for creating this blog, nice to know we are not alone...lol